Incorrect behavior after DC

Disafect
Rear admiral

Incorrect behavior after DC

Post by Disafect »

I had a network wide outage today and all 3 bots had issues logging back in.

1. bot crashed.txt: bot detected DC but failed to close the dialog and window. detected app capture of un closed screen then crashed (this client always crashes after break.)

2. did not detect DC.txt: this bot did not detect DC while in station

3. no attempt to log back in.txt: this bot is my VM that never logs back after break, however it did close the window but never detected launcher, it normally does after break.
Attachments
No attempt to log back in.txt
(525.13 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
did not detect DC.txt
(380.24 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Bot crashed.txt
(380.24 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
matriarch
Lieutenant

Re: Incorrect behavior after DC

Post by matriarch »

That's interesting. I never even thought about the game not closing all of the way down. Most times I get an error that the filaments cannot be found and the program pauses but I know that there are a ton of filaments left. When I get back the game has lost session of the servers but the client is still opened.

Question for you. Do you have the VM screens all showing on screens or do you have them in the background? I'm curious how others run the clients on multiple VMs without issues.
Disafect
Rear admiral

Post by Disafect »

The one that I think did not close the connection lost screen always crashes when trying to log in from break so not sure if it closed it then tried to log in from char select screen again while they network was still down. the end of the log did not say anything about seeing the launcher.

I only run one VM at the moment, I leave it on screen as I am at work and don't need the computer.
dev
Site Admin

Post by dev »

will add to bug list
matriarch
Lieutenant

Post by matriarch »

Disafect wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:43 pm The one that I think did not close the connection lost screen always crashes when trying to log in from break so not sure if it closed it then tried to log in from char select screen again while they network was still down. the end of the log did not say anything about seeing the launcher.

I only run one VM at the moment, I leave it on screen as I am at work and don't need the computer.
I must have been confused when you said all three bots had issues and did the same thing.
Disafect
Rear admiral

Post by Disafect »

1 VM 2 computers, they all did the same thing differently.
Disafect
Rear admiral

Post by Disafect »

Bumping this as it seems CCP's network routing is getting unreliable again. Issue seems to effect all my clients now.