Actions and key combinations to fast for low end PCs

friendlyrobot
Lieutenant

Actions and key combinations to fast for low end PCs

Post by friendlyrobot »

Hi,

i've observed two my lowend clients (they are thincliensts with integrated AMD GPUs). They are really lowend, but eve runs fine with 30-50 fps with short drops down to ~10 in potato mode.

For some times i see small things i have to constantly babysit every 1-2h:
- The FPS monitor opens randomly (Ctl + F)
- Sometimes i see the blue lines like when you keep pressing Ctl and click in space to plot a flight direction
- The thing with "fblue pillirce exotic" i've reported
- Some missclicks, like missing the inventory and clicking the plex vault or collapsing the active drone area

I guess by observing how fast the bot does actions, there isn't some delay between the action. For example: i guess you implemented the key combinations like "hold ctl, hold shift, press r, release ctl, release shift". If you are on a low end potato the eve client doesn't react that fast, and while you are on the following action, the client hasn't realized you released the ctl key or misses this windowmessage completely (i guess you use the winapi WMMessages for this).
Could you implement a small delay like 5-10ms between key combinations single key presses and also between actions? Not absurd amount that would slow down the bot, just some timeframe for slow clients ...
Than babysitting would go away and i'm more happy :)

Thank you!
dev
Site Admin

Re: Actions and key combinations to fast for low end PCs

Post by dev »

Yeah I can add an option to add in extra delays
LetsGoWithIt
Ensign

Post by LetsGoWithIt »

friendlyrobot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:07 pm Hi,

i've observed two my lowend clients (they are thincliensts with integrated AMD GPUs). They are really lowend, but eve runs fine with 30-50 fps with short drops down to ~10 in potato mode.

For some times i see small things i have to constantly babysit every 1-2h:
- The FPS monitor opens randomly (Ctl + F)
- Sometimes i see the blue lines like when you keep pressing Ctl and click in space to plot a flight direction
- The thing with "fblue pillirce exotic" i've reported
- Some missclicks, like missing the inventory and clicking the plex vault or collapsing the active drone area

I guess by observing how fast the bot does actions, there isn't some delay between the action. For example: i guess you implemented the key combinations like "hold ctl, hold shift, press r, release ctl, release shift". If you are on a low end potato the eve client doesn't react that fast, and while you are on the following action, the client hasn't realized you released the ctl key or misses this windowmessage completely (i guess you use the winapi WMMessages for this).
Could you implement a small delay like 5-10ms between key combinations single key presses and also between actions? Not absurd amount that would slow down the bot, just some timeframe for slow clients ...
Than babysitting would go away and i'm more happy :)

Thank you!
Hi - I agree, when i run it on virtual machines i can encounter this problem aswel, the bot is pretty fast in its movements, would be nice for it to have logner delays , and/or use hotkeys instead of clicking when activating modules.
friendlyrobot
Lieutenant

Post by friendlyrobot »

Just to give you some customer feedback:

With Abyss Bot v1.029 it runs much better on my lowend potatoes. Looks like all problems are gone now, nice! There is also less CPU usage with less potential deadly spikes. Thank you for that, it's awesome.

I will run many T3's with that, but i also pull all my T4-T6 filament out of my loot before i sell it, cause i want to run these later with the bot. Do you have any prediction, when we are able to fly higher tiers? No pressure, just a question ;)