No votes
Anom/Combat Site Bot
100%

Total votes: 6
dev
Site Admin

Re: Poll, The Next Bot

Post by dev »

Not yet, still in the planning phase, which is me mostly testing sniper setups, brawler setups and tank and drone setups.

It's all a little bit funky because there are 4 race variations of each one with 4 combat styles so trying to come up with a plan of attack.

Sniper, brawler & tank are somewhat straight forward, only issue is the drone setup as you typically orbit the main structure in the anom if it has one so you dont get stuck on anything.

Brawler setup only works if there isn't a giant main structure, some of the structures are huge so its easy to get stuck on it and brawler setups usually involve speed tank as part of it (same with drone).

Sniper you warp in at 100km/70/50km depending on your ship class/range, and just kinda keep at distance and dont let any small ships come at you.

Tank you just sit there so that one is easy.

And i'll need a watch local option, but this isn't too hard either screen scraping or reading log files its not even a full day of programming work.

Btw which one are you most interested in? I can release the bot early in beta stage and only include the combat mode you are most interested and what area of space (which anoms).

In terms of the anom filter, I'm just going to use the style globally (so hidden den, port, yard, haven, etc) and not specify race as that makes way too many matches.

and 1st draft will only support single system anoms. i'll add roaming anoms in the future so you would specify a list of systems to search for anoms.
akabzions
Ensign

Post by akabzions »

I think everyone here would be interested in the drone version in the first place (gila/ishtar).
Forgot to mention in the last post,will there be a check if someone is already doing the anomaly?like corp or alliance member.
For the getting stuck option,people mostly farm havens/forsaken hubs and if u use orbit like 50km on a structure getting stuck is really unlikely.
dev
Site Admin

Post by dev »

Alright ill start on the drone one, only tedious part of the drone is i need a list of orbit structures the drone should orbit per anom...

Other than that its pretty simple, I can mostly reuse majority of the code im using for the abyss bot.

And for friendlies ill have to create a new overview tab "Friends" etc etc and have the bot be on that one when it lands on the anom.

And some sort of system to SKIP the current anom which will also be used if a diamond rat is on the field and try to warp out before being shot.
akabzions
Ensign

Post by akabzions »

dev wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:40 pm Alright ill start on the drone one, only tedious part of the drone is i need a list of orbit structures the drone should orbit per anom...

Other than that its pretty simple, I can mostly reuse majority of the code im using for the abyss bot.

And for friendlies ill have to create a new overview tab "Friends" etc etc and have the bot be on that one when it lands on the anom.

And some sort of system to SKIP the current anom which will also be used if a diamond rat is on the field and try to warp out before being shot.
I could arrange a list of structures ,atleast for one npc race
Manhattan01
Space Newbie

Post by Manhattan01 »

bump ratting bot
LetsGoWithIt
Ensign

Post by LetsGoWithIt »

Manhattan01 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:45 am bump ratting bot
i feel like that dev has lost interest of this bot.
Doctor
Space Cadet

Post by Doctor »

dev wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:02 pm Looks like the anomaly exploration ratting bot is the winner here.

I'll start working on design and how it will work. Most likely the 1st version will not do probe scanning, so this means combat sites only. It will also not do DED sites, so those you will have to do manually or you can try and bookmark them and sell them to other players for ISK. (alliance/corps do this)

Once I have the drug manager and support of armor tanking, I will start development.

Key features planned for anomaly bot.
  • Single system or roam modes with user specified solar system list
  • Filter combat sites by min/max difficulty level
  • Watch local for neutrals and war targets, dock up or safe spot + cloak support.
  • Different combat modes: Sniper, Brawler, Tanker
  • Loot wrecks + MTU support.

please do also consider the use of dscan for WH ratting
if someone pops up on dscan the bot warps off to safe location and logs off
Xsenon999
Space Cadet

Post by Xsenon999 »

I also believe the second type of combat bot (like anomaly mode) will help to deversify character behavior. It will decrease chance of ban.
Cause character activity will be more human like. Not only abyss runing, but something else.
So it is really appreciated and useful.
polluux
Space Newbie

Post by polluux »

And for belt runner is in project ?